Each of these three areas has a different character and overall feel, and you can have fun here for 3-5 days without really getting to know all the trails in detail. Each of them has its own bike park part with a couple of trails, aside of Fai, which is a fully dedicated bike park with man-made trails, but for us these are not the main part of the fun.
What makes Paganella really interesting, however, are the shared hiking trails. These are pure natural trails, which have been allowed for use by bikers in order to make it an even more attractive location. Of course, one of the biggest advantages is that most places are accessible by cable cars, so pedalling uphill or pushing your bike should be minimal in most cases (aside of the tour from top of Andalo towards Molveno as part of the Bear Trails tour). Although you will not find man-made berms, drops or jumps on these shared trails, lovers of natural riding will enjoy the narrow trails full of stones, rocks and roots, various natural drops, chutes, as well as an unlimited number of stone or wooden stairs. On top of that all three resorts are connected by trails, so you are not “stuck” in one of them, but you can change your plans and go to another resort with the lift tickets valid in each one.
All this, combined with relatively steep terrain, makes every ride a perfect experience. As the icing on the cake you have really beautiful views of the huge mountains all around – peaks, plateaus, towns and villages, as well as the big blue lake in Molveno, where you can refresh yourself or chill out on the well-maintained beaches in town. Italian food and coffee is available almost on every cable car station and there are small mountain huts along the way, so you will never be starved for energy.
We are planning this as a 7-day trip with 6 nights and 5 days of riding (less if you want a brake) for a group of 6-8 people, which will include accommodation, lift tickets throughout the trip and guiding on all routes. If you are also interested in transportation let us know.
Check out the other tabs for details on difficulty, package contents, whats not included, dates and more.
The trails range from easy flowy blue trails, through red more difficult ones, up to black and double black expert-only trails. This area is definitely for the more experienced riders who enjoy technical riding more than fast wide trails with long jumps as here you will mostly encounter many roots, rocks, natural drops, loose stones, switchbacks etc. This provides a very nice opportunity to hone your skills and enjoy a whole lot of challenging situations and features.
Therefore if you’re a fan of natural style technical riding Paganella is a great choice. If it is not the case and you do enjoy speed on smooth firm ground far more than natural trails then you should probably look at another destination instead. It is difficult to compare as every location is different, but for example places in Slovakia like Martinske Hole, Branisko or Slanske Vrchy as well as for example some of the technical trails in Malino Brdo can be seen as similar in terms of style and difficulty.
Even though all three areas in Paganella are also suitable for lower intermediate riders or even beginners, for this particular trips we’re looking for the upper intermediate to advanced riders so that we can get the most out of what the trails offer. If you’re not sure whether you will be a fit let us know and we’ll figure it out together.
What is included in the price of the trip:
- 7-day bike trip for 6-8 riders in a small group
- 6 nights in standard bike-friendly apartments in Andalo close to the lifts
- 4-5 days of all-day riding with shuttled uplifts and guiding
- optional trip to Val Di Sol depending on group preferences
- 1 day break – at the lake in Molveno, at the apartment or on your bike
- safety and bike check at the beginning of the stay
- trail instruction before each new trail about what awaits us
- certified MTB guide for group guiding and organization of activities
- Europe-wide MTB guide insurance in case of emergency
- service equipment and know-how in case of component failure
- first aid kit and a guide with first aid medical training
What is NOT included in the price of the trip:
- bike – you have to bring your own or rent one
- transportation (we will connect participants or arrange a van if interested)
- food and drinks
- cost of additional activities
- personal travel & sports insurance
If you buy for 2 or more riders we are able to provide a group discount. We can also arrange a private trip for you and your group. Please reach out to us if you want to book for multiple riders and we will give you a custom price as each trip has a different pricing structure.
Minimum amount of riders is 5 for the trip to happen.
Mandatory gear (you can’t ride with us without it):
Full-face helmet or Enduro/XC helmet (ideally both)
Helmet Light (in case of night ride)
Spare brake pads
Recommended gear (up to you, but highly recommended):
Bike Light (in case of night ride)
There are multiple bike shops here so most things can be bought or repaired also on-site, just make sure if you have something specific for your bike, that is not readily available in bike shops to take it with you. We will do our best to get any issues fixed ASAP so you can continue your ride.
In case we need to cancel the trip for any reason we will refund the whole fee in full. We’re fully insured and financially covered so whatever happens, if we need to cancel a trip from our end, you will receive your money back.
Rider cancels long trip (4-7 days)
Please contact as ASAP in case you need to cancel the trip for any reason. The following terms apply:
- up to 2 weeks before 80% of your fee is refunded, we keep the reservation fee to cover costs.
- up to 1 week before 50% of your fee is refunded to cover the costs of a vacant seat and potentially not finding a replacement.
- less then a week before a trip we cannot refund any fees, as we already have costs with accommodation, guides etc. and we will not be able to find a replacement.
We will try our best to find a replacement and try to refund the most we can if you have to cancel, but please keep the above conditions in mind if we do not succeed.